SC - Parsnip Syrup?

HICKS, MELISSA HICKS_M at casa.gov.au
Wed Sep 22 15:34:17 PDT 1999

Angus wrote:
>I don't know about the rest of the world, but here in Sweden I think the
most common
>form of raindeer is smoked (not sure if it's soaked in brine first), but
I'm a city
>dweller and don't live way up north in raindeer country.

In Iceland, reindeer is mostly eaten as venison (non-wild boar variety);
I´ve served Rudolph on Christmas Eve (really!) for several years, either
roasted leg or pan-fried loin. Won´t be doing it now, though; too expensive.

But for a really expensive reindeer delicacy (warning: NOT for the
squeamish), see:

http://www.northerner.com/s_products/139.html

Nanna