SC - Russian Black Bread

Tollhase1 at aol.com Tollhase1 at aol.com
Mon Sep 6 15:39:36 PDT 1999

CmUaSrKgYaNlOiLES at 99main.com writes:

<< I would love the recipe for the steamed rye, It sounds like
 it would be great with scimmerkaese!
 margali

Is scimmercases similar to what my Mom says they used to make {smear cheese}
A soft cheese somewhere between cream cheese and limburger cheese.  There is
also a Holstein health cheese that might be similar.  Spent the weekend
reading about cheeses.  Do you have a recipe for scimmerkaese?

Frederich