SC - using others' work

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Mon Sep 6 14:30:21 PDT 1999

At 11:55 AM -0600 9/6/99, Karen O wrote:

>        I know for myself,  I would feel the need to ask each and every
>person whose work/recipe I may use for a public forum.

I'm not sure why you would feel that need, unless you plan to publish the
recipes as well as cooking them. My assumption is that anyone who makes a
recipe public has no objection to other people cooking it. Copyright may
protect the recipe (not the idea, defined as quantities, times, etc., but
the particular expression of that recipe) but it doesn't protect the
information embedded in that particular recipe, so you are free to use that
information to cook with.

David/Cariadoc
http://www.best.com/~ddfr/