SC - Laurel vs Pelican for cooking

Anne-Marie Rousseau acrouss at gte.net
Fri Sep 10 08:38:06 PDT 1999

Seumas says:At 01:44 AM 9/10/99 -0800, you wrote:
>Ya know, I just got my Compleat Anachronist #102 (French Food in the
>Renaissance: A Survey of Recipes from the 14th to the 17th Centuries)
>the other day. Well timed, as I am preparing for a feast in December.
>Well written, of course, by Maîtress Anne-Marie.
>
>Well-timed and appreciated, as well

yay! let me know how it comes out. The more data I get, ie things that need
to be tweaked, stuff that people liked vs didnt like, the more info I can
put in the next cookbook. We're currently planning on republishing the CA
as a Feudal Gourmet so I can leave everything in (no space limitations),
and have my beloved footnotes as footnotes as opposed to endnotes (ugh).

I highly recommend the stuffed eggs, and the cinnamon orange chicken for
feasts. If you make a "Parma Tart" and use the cinnamon orange chicken as
the filling its really yummy and pretty too.

Enjoy!
- --Anne-Marie
PS...the Parma Tart mentioned in Taillevent can be interpreted as a fancy
dish that you put pieces of cooked meat in. Basically a souped up subtelty
that acts as a platter. He specified that you make crennellations and put
in little flags of the visiting dignitaries. Tres Chic! :) Now, he
specifies what meat you should use, but for 'perioide" we have been known
to use other meats, like the cinnamon orange chicken.