SC - Yogurt Cheese

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Wed Sep 15 13:34:54 PDT 1999

In a message dated 9/10/99 2:02:10 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
rygbee at montana.com writes:

<< I take yogurt -- the natural kind without the thickeners like gelatin, and
 drain it in a #6 plastic Melitta coffee cone lined with a paper filter.  I
 cover the top of the cone with plastic to keep out odor and prop it in an
 8-cup Pyrex (glass) measuring cup in the refrigerator -- leave it overnight.
 One quart yields about 2 C. fresh cheese.>>

I have never tried this method of making yogurt cheese before but you can bet
I will put away the 4 layers of cheese cloth that I used at Ladies Champions
Tourney. That was the first time I tried actually preparing the yoghurt
cheese/garlic dish. :-)

Ras