SC - gazpacho and Rome

ChannonM at aol.com ChannonM at aol.com
Wed Sep 29 07:15:13 PDT 1999

Hey!!
I know that post..... oh yeah, it's mine. I was so nervous about posting the
research that I had been doing on the gazpacho thing, that I wanted to
surprise you all with the completed work. I have found an article in the
Smithsonian (upon advice from my laurel who is  such in Iberian studies etc,)
and I have found recipes galore upon the web for "garlic soup", in addition a
member of the Apicius at onelist. has forwarded some primary resource infor on
the rations of the Roman army. I am desperately awaiting an email back from
my laurel, as to her Spanish gazpacho recipe in period ( I believe it's 14 or
15 C). I've been eyeballs deep in research this week and wanted to post my
little tidbits en masse in some sort of digestible form. Is anyone willing to
give me till Monday? I have to teach at the RUM this weekend and that is my
deadline. I'm really excited about the link and I'll bet everyone is itching
to look at it all and get in their valued opinions. I guess I'm  a little gun
shy after some of my postings  and want to be more prepared.

Hauviette d'Anjou
aka Channon Mondoux