SC - For Submission to the Chronus

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Wed Sep 15 13:50:50 PDT 1999

In a message dated 9/15/99 9:29:57 AM Eastern Daylight Time, cclark at vicon.net
writes:

<< I was just looking at some period pictures in _Fast_and_Feast_ by Bridget
 Ann Henisch, and it looks to me like it might be better to grill/roast
 *beside* the fire, not over it.  >>

This is a valid observation. Most meat was cooked beside the fire not over
it. By cooking it beside the fire you get a nice evenly browned product with
little or no smoke flavor and as you pointed out  you can catch the drippings
in a pan placed immediately below the roast.

Ras