SC - Cooking with Wine

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Sat Apr 1 08:50:40 PST 2000

In a message dated 3/31/00 1:20:17 AM Eastern Standard Time,
owner-sca-cooks at ansteorra.org writes:

<< It may simply be one of those things that are generally
 > undocumented, but still occurred. For example, people used to eat (I'm
 talking about within the past 50 years, especially) and sometimes still
 do, eat
 > scallions raw, out of hand, the way you might eat a carrot or a
 > stick of celery >>

My family eats them that way, sometimes dipping them in salt or wrapping them
in a piece of bread with butter on it. Our heritage is mixed, French-Native
Indian aka Metis,  Irish, German. Your guess is as good as mine as to where
it originates from.

Hauviette