Senkajabin recipe (was Re: SC - Feeding Fighters)

Bruce Staples bruce.staples at ns.sympatico.ca
Sun Apr 2 04:36:45 PDT 2000

> I have a question regarding the use of wines in SCA cooking:  Which wines
> would be acceptable to use in a Master Level feast?  Would they be only wines
> by known vintners of antiquity, or any modern wine, so long as the grape
> strain was grown within Society borders?  What are your criteria for this?
> Are there restrictions to ingredients (i.e. no sulfites)?  What say you?
>
> Balthazar of Blackmoor
> (who's pretty sure Stefan has it in the Florilegium somewhere, but is too
> tired to look for it right now.)

Uh, yep. That's because it has come up here a number of times since the
list started.

For wines in general, take a look at these files in the BEVERAGES section:
spiced-wine-msg   (19K)  2/29/00    Spiced wines. Hippocras. Recipes.
wine-msg         (100K)  1/ 4/00    Medieval wines.

For comments on cooking wines, check this file in the FOOD section:
wine-cooking-msg  (23K)  8/24/99    Cooking wines. Substitutions.
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net