SC - soup question

Anne-Marie Rousseau acrouss at gte.net
Tue Apr 4 08:24:24 PDT 2000

m'lord,

You might want to remember that in the early days of the SCA, there was
*carpet* armor, and *freon* helms!

By no stretch of the imagination would I find these to be period.  But -
from the accounts that I have had from a participant from AS10  (who resided
in Berkeley) they were interested in recreating, not dissuading people.
They taught without being overbearing...and even enjoyed the amusing side
trip into the bizzare at times.  It is amazing what you can do with non
period items when you have nothing period to work with.

The most important feeling I came away with from my conversations with this
Mistress was that the locals in Cali practiced 'suspension of disbelief'.
This allowed them to enjoy their events even though they didn't have perfect
recreations of period items.  A little 'imagination' goes a long way.  So
does tolerance.

Diana Haven
Rickard List Marketing
(631) 249-8710 x108