SC - meaning of Dutch words

CBlackwill at aol.com CBlackwill at aol.com
Tue Apr 4 18:19:44 PDT 2000

In a message dated 4/4/00 7:56:59 AM Pacific Daylight Time, Seton1355 at aol.com
writes:

> Meelsuiker: meel is another word for flour and suiker means sugar. So maybe
>   it has something to do with sugar that is added to flour, but this is a
> wild
>   guess...
>
>   Broodsuiker: brood is the Dutch name for bread and suiker is sugar. So if
>   maybe this is the sugar that can be added in bread.

Could either of these two terms refer to "loaf sugar"??  Sometimes (although
I am no translater) things get mixed up when they are translated from one
language to another.  To wit:  The German phrase for what we Americans know
as a Bus Stop is translated as "Speaking Stopping Place"  Those crazy
Germans....

Balthazar of Blackmoor
(who, it just so happens, is a little bit Germanic, himself)