SC - How do I get started?

Beth Morris bmorris at iamdigex.net
Tue Apr 4 14:36:59 PDT 2000

Welcome!

You can use "ordinary" pots to cook on a fire if you build your fire right
(we used to have a round firepit with a rectantular 1x2 "key" sticking
out... build your fire in the pit and then rake the coals into the "key",
which you can set a grill over.)   Just be careful of the handles, so you
don't have a plastic handle that is likely to melt.  An old barbecue grill
top will work as a grill over a fire too.

If you wipe dishsoap on the outside of the pot before you put it on the fire
the black soot will wipe right off afterwards.

Cast-iron frying pans and dutch ovens should be available at the hardware
store, or even second-hand from thrift shops or yard sales.