SC - Re: Goodbye (RANT)

Richard Kappler rkappler at home.com
Tue Apr 4 19:41:29 PDT 2000

In a message dated 4/4/2000 1:53:08 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
heather_enaya at hotmail.com writes:

<<
 I am looking for pots and pans heavy enough to come through
 campfire/hearth cooking. >>

My early solution to this was to search the thrift stores for cast iron pots
and pans.  My current solution is rather peculiar to me.  Since I work for
the company that owns Cuisinart, I can get Cuisinart stainless for killer
prices if I carefully wait for the employee sales, and am willing to accept
scratch and dent items.  When SCA friends who don't know my occupation visit
my camp and see me cooking over an open fire with a Cuisinart sauce pan, they
go into conniptions over the waste, or marvel at my willingness to spend so
much money on my hobby.  (These are the same friends who mortgage their
houses for authentic armor or garb.)

Mordonna the Cook,
SunDragon's Western Reaches
Atenveldt