Check Pants - Was, SC - Is Arrowroot Period?

CBlackwill@aol.com CBlackwill at aol.com
Tue Apr 4 22:54:11 PDT 2000

In a message dated 4/4/00 9:34:07 PM Pacific Daylight Time, troy at asan.com
writes:

> My take on this thread was that nobody seemed to really say
>  substitutions aren't "period" or acceptable. What they _did_ say, or a
>  least what I saw, was that substitutions can be a hit-or-miss
>  proposition, since while it's reasonable to assume substitutions were
>  made, we don't know what they would have been, and knowing what
>  ingredients the cooks would have had access to doesn't really help.

Actually, they did say you "cannot" make substitutions and call it "period".
But, I think this debate has turned more into an arguement (which is mostly
my fault, I freely admit), so I should like to take this opportunity to "call
for the question".  We have two (or more) very different views on the
subject,  and I think it is likely to stay that way for awhile.  I am not
going to say that your view is wrong.  It is simply not shared by me.  Good
enough?

Balthazar of Blackmoor

Such a strange fascination, as I wallow in waste
That such a trivial victory could put a smile on your face.