SC - Period Dining Atmosphere (Was RE: Saffron)

CBlackwill@aol.com CBlackwill at aol.com
Tue Apr 4 22:54:14 PDT 2000

On Tue, 04 Apr 2000 17:27:16 -0400 "Jeff Gedney" <JGedney at dictaphone.com>
writes:
>I think you have misunderstood my method.
>"By example thou shalt lead" is the method I prefer.
>(though I am not above asking someone if they meant to do something )
>
>What irks me is the people who essentially denigrate the efforts of
>those who have worked so hard to find and distribute a corpus of
medieval
>recipes by saying stuff like:
>" it's creative, so who cares whether it comes close to being anything
>periodlike!"
>"What do I look like some bookworm to do all that research?"
>"That's too hard and only really cumpuslive people do that much
>research anyway..."
>" there are not enough recipes surviving to make a whole feast"
>
>I have heard all of these and others, and they bother me.
>brandu

Have you heard the following:
"Sorry, I can't give you a copy of my several hundred recipes because
so-n-so has them in their medievial collection and they are copyrighted!"

Korrin S. DaArdain
Kingdom of An Tir in the Society for Creative Anachronism.
Korrin.DaArdain at Juno.com
Quondo Omni Flunkus Mortati
(When All Else Fails, Play Dead.)