SC - Kohlrabi

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Wed Apr 5 18:04:55 PDT 2000

rygbee at montana.com writes:

> Nothing has happened to the educated guess.  Huette said it very well.  Your
>  current viewpoint would not make a period "educated guess" because you do
>  not have the background knowledge that a medieval cook would have -- yet
;-)

I have never suggested that "I" have the background knowledge to make a
period educated guess.  My comments have always been generic.  And, by
"background knowledge", I am assuming that you are speaking of availability
of products, and not cooking techniques.  If this is the case, then no, I do
not yet have that knowledge (at least, not all of it).  But my comments apply
to anyone who is attempting medieval cookery (or any cookery for that matter).

Balthazar of Blackmoor

Such a strange fascination, as I wallow in waste
That such a trivial victory could put a smile on your face.