SC - Armored turnips

Korrin S DaArdain korrin.daardain at juno.com
Wed Apr 5 23:27:46 PDT 2000

> And it came to pass on 4 Apr 00,, that Sue Clemenger wrote:
> > You can also try out
> > dishes on unsuspecting mundanes--I took Armored Turnips to my Office Xmas
> > Potluck, and people who don't normally eat turnips really liked them.
> > --Maire

And Lady Brighid commented:
> I have done this -- mostly baked goods, since my workplace doesn't
> tend to have potlucks.

I have often taken period foods to both SCA and mundane pot lucks. In
fact my work group recently decided to have a surprise "thank you" pot
luck for our boss. It will be next week. When I got the list of what
had already been spoken for it is very barbeque oriented. Someone is
bringing ribs. Someone else brisket and another potato salad etc.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a period dish that would fit
in with this? I just thought of the "deviled" stuffed eggs. Any
other suggestions?

Please feel free to copy me by email on this. I'm currently having
to skip some digests to keep kind of current and I'd hate to miss any
suggestions.
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net