SC - Catalan Recipes

Robin Carroll-Mann harper at idt.net
Fri Apr 7 21:35:46 PDT 2000

At 1:39 PM -0800 3/13/00, Erika Thomenius wrote:
>My lord has volunteered to make a 15th century Italian lunch for an
>upcoming event.. Can anyone recommend some good sources?
>
>Thanks,
>Gytha

As Ras said, Platina's cookbook/health manual, _De Honesta
Voluptate_, which was originally published in Venice in 1475. There
is an old translation by E. B. Andrews, which was reprinted by
Falconwood Press ten years ago or so; and there is a new translation
by Milham called _On Right Pleasure and Good Health_. We have a fair
number of worked-out recipes in our Miscellany, which is available
on-line in the version a couple of editions back. (A new edition is
in progress.)

Elizabeth/Betty Cook