SC - More garlic recipes OOP

RichSCA@aol.com RichSCA at aol.com
Sat Apr 8 00:32:46 PDT 2000

Rayne commented:
> For some reason (one I could
> never understand) Snowbirds (tourists) like to purchase souvenirs that
> "remind" them of their vacation spots. :-)

And not a non-period subject either. Medieval pilgrims liked to purchase
pins or other tokens when they visited the various pilgrimage sites.

The best period parallel for the SCA tradition of using site tokens is
probably these pilgrim tokens.

For those interested in more details, see these files in the RELIGION
and CRAFTS sections of the Florilegium:
pilgrm-badges-msg (13K)  2/17/00    Medieval pilgrim badges. Referances.
casting-msg      (109K)  2/17/00    Casting pewter and other metals.

Stefan, who has a Sable Thistle (Ansteorra A&S award) for casting pewter
pilgrim badges. See I do do something other than the Florilegium. :-)
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net