SC - Outlands A&S German recipes

Varju@aol.com Varju at aol.com
Mon Apr 10 13:58:37 PDT 2000

DianaFiona at aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 4/10/00 11:51:05 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
> Chris.Adler at westgroup.com writes:
>
> <<
>  I have to agree with Stefan. When I go to events out of my area, I almost
>  always stop by the kitchen and offer to chop veggies, wash dishes, or help
>  with the cooking or serving, and I've made some lovely new friends that way.
>  Sadly, the presence of a guard or a head cook fingering a blade *definitely*
>  turns me off from ever wanting to be helpful to that cook. Yes, it's
>  happened to me a few times.
>   >>
>     Ditto........... But a lot of this depends on the personality of the head
> cook--several of the folks who do feasts around here are a bit, ummmm,
> "high-strung" during the production of a feast, and just can't handle the
> chaos visitors might produce. I tend to be a bit more laid back than some of
> these friends, so I don't get nearly as bothered by a certain amount of
> socializing. Too much and I'll put folks to work, but up to that point I may
> welcome the break in the focus on schedules, etc., myself.

To clarify, folks- if Seumas has a blade in his hand and is grinning,
folks around here know he's *joking*- he's the most good humoured, laid
back person I've ever known (one of the reasons I love him so much!). He
takes nothing personally and I have dubbed him 'Mr. Unflappable' for his
ability to keep his head in extreme situations (like the water pump
going out two hours away from the site with the truck full of the feast
ingredients- the feast still went out on time and was delicious). OTOH,
if he lowers the eyebrows and says "You're in the way- get out of the
kitchen" you scoot. No one wants to hack off a good cook.

'Lainie