SC - Trimarian Haggis

Lee-Gwen Booth piglet006 at globalfreeway.com.au
Mon Apr 17 09:39:43 PDT 2000

    Trimaris, I guess, is the campin' Kingdom. We do very few to next to NO
one day events. Of course, if we have to drive over 3 hours to an event, we
carry on like we were just asked to migrate off-planet, to be quite honest.
(WAAAAH! It's too far, and I'm busy . . .)
    Almost all our events involve camping or cabining, and are 'show up
friday, leave sunday morning' affairs. Post revels mostly involve stopping
for breakfast and/or lunch on the way back, and schmoozing at a restaurant.
    Our major Kingdom events are held at a camp just north of Orlando which
has the kitchen from HELL! 6 (count 'em! 6!) fryers, steamers, steam
kettles, a 3'x6' hot top, a walk in freezer INSIDE the walk in cooler, a 500
gallon flash water heater in the room beside the dishwashing machine, a
walkin ice maker, and a feast hall that will hold (I'd guess) a thousand.
I've seen feast halls smaller than this kitchen! Not to mention a fireplace
the size of a small new england state.
    I'd guess that there's close to 3/4 million dollars tied up un that
kitchen. The only drawback is that it's a Boy Scout camp, and is sorely
lacking in serving vessels. But they like us (a lot!), and have provided us
with on-site storage, so we're accumulating what we need, slowly.
    I think there may have been 2 single day events in Trimaris in the last
year, and they were collegia and classes type events. But then, the churches
and whatnot tend to get really upset when we pound drums and howl at the
moon until 5 am . . .

    Sieggy