SC - Transplanting Tips

CBlackwill@aol.com CBlackwill at aol.com
Wed Apr 19 23:16:23 PDT 2000

hey all from Anne-Marie

here in an tir we do the "civilized food fight".

food is passed to the victim, usually on a small tasteful plate brought
just for the purpose with either ahnd written note, or the bearer (a page
or sargent or other server) passes along the message..."your grace, this
grape has just been lobbed at you and has impaled itself on your coronet.
Shall i wait for a reply?"

it is traditional for that grape (or bread wad, or whatever) to be
augmented in some way, and either returned with similar description, or
lobbed to someone else.

I still remember the bread wad snowman that we made "anatomically correct"
(and not flatteringly so...it was supposed to be her excellencies' ex
husband, after all!), and the lovely norse longboat we made, that a certain
duke augmented by creating a giant squid out of green beans to attack the
bow....

I cant imagine anyoen actually hurling food at a feast here. I know of a
brace of peers who would stop that right away! ANYTHING being flung has the
potential of hamring someone or something, not to mention lacking the grace
and dignity of a "civilized food fight"....

(but then I'm notoriously stuffy! )

- --AM, who thinks catapults are a great way to play with stuff, but would
make the diners build their own out of popsicle sticks and rubber bands,
then take them to a designated area and have contests for distance and
accuracy.