SC - Indian cookbook

CBlackwill@aol.com CBlackwill at aol.com
Sat Apr 22 23:39:59 PDT 2000

In a message dated 4/22/00 3:12:56 PM Pacific Daylight Time, stefan at texas.net
writes:

> Balthazar of Blackmoor gave what sounded like a wonderful recipe for
>  lamb and then in a later message said:
>  > Oh...Venison.  Guess I should read the Subject line before I type, eh?
>  > Disregard that Lamb and Guinness post.  Ooops.
>
>  Well, yes or at least retitled the message. None-the-less, you recipe
>  sounds delicious and I've saved it for my lamb-mutton-msg file and
>  to possibly try sometime. If my wife liked lamb the latter would be
>  easier to do. :-( A leg of lamb will take awhile to eat if it's
>  just me eating it.

Actually, Stefan, this may be just the recipe to change her mind!  I have won
over four of my encampment with this very recipe (one of which did not even
know it was lamb until I told her).  For the first few times, try making it
with lamb chunks (like stew meat) which you have browned very well, before
adding the other ingredients.  The combination of lamb, rosemary, garlic and
Guinness is one of those magical culinary one-two punches.  Like coffee and
doughnuts, or curried chicken and apples.  I also have a recipe I created for
a medieval-style pork roast (notice I did not say "period") which has won
over everyone who has eaten it.  It's stuffed with dried apricots, dates,
raisins, honey and almonds.  I'll post it if you'd like to try it (although
that was pretty much the jist of it in the previous sentence.)

Balthazar of Blackmoor

Such a strange fascination, as I wallow in waste
That such a trivial victory could put a smile on your face.
                                        - Mark Burgess