SC - Venison recipe request

CBlackwill@aol.com CBlackwill at aol.com
Sat Apr 22 23:39:58 PDT 2000

In a message dated 4/22/00 9:17:30 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
mermayde at juno.com writes:

> > perhaps a dab of honey (they did have it, as I have recently
>  discovered, but it was made by  ants and wasps, rather than the European
>  honey bee)

Ahh...Ant Honey!  I have never actually tried it, but I did have a very large
ant farm in which the ants were producing it.  I offered them some aphids one
day, which they quickly began to "domesticate", rubbing the aphids backs with
their antennae in order to produce honeydew!  Fairly soon, there was a nice
little coating of ant honey in one of their storage chambers.  They also grew
alfalfa sprouts and bits of mushroom, and tended their little garden quite
expertly.  Until I let the fly in, of course, and he destroyed it.

Balthazar of Blackmoor

Such a strange fascination, as I wallow in waste
That such a trivial victory could put a smile on your face.
                                        - Mark Burgess