SC - A new project....

Par Leijonhufvud parlei at algonet.se
Sun Apr 23 21:20:43 PDT 2000

Thanks, Nanna, very informational and the sort of information I was
looking for.

I found one sight with a skyr recipe at

http://www.neosoft.com/recipes/eggs-dairy/skyr.html

She uses fresh buttermilk as the starter.

I noticed the similarity with making yogurt cheese, with the difference
that the yogurt is strained after culturing overnight, and it doesn't
separate into curds and whey.

One time at work, we found a two quart container of ricotta cheese in
which the curds had broken down, making more of a pasty slurry than
expected curds. I took it home (it had still been sealed), strained it
over night and made a pleasant cream cheese from it.

Thanks for the flavour assessment (more tart than yogurt). That will
help me test it.

Could you comment on the flavour and appearance of bilberries and
crowberries? Ever picked them wild? What type of ground and climate do
they prefer?

Thanks again.

Seumas