SC - Determining Laurel Doneness (Was: Cooking Laurels)

Siegfried Heydrich baronsig at peganet.com
Mon Apr 24 13:30:05 PDT 2000

>There are many warehouse stores -BJ's Wholesale Club, Costco, Sam's Club
>and the like that sell in bulk-and many of them have the #10 cans of
>stuff[mmmm, black olives!] and the 66.6 zo cans of tuna, 50# flour and
>the like.

Don't assume warehouse places are cheaper.  In my experience, every item I
have ever compared prices on per unit has been within few cents more or less
as I would pay at the grocery store in my neighborhood.  Never any amazing
savings and sometimes it's pricier, so that overall I might as well not
track down a member to accompany me on a 45 minute one-way trip.  For 2
feasts and 1 lunch I've priced, the average is less than $10 that I could
have saved.  In that hour and a half, I could have written 3 letters to
three different groceries and saved $10 minimum because one of the stores
has a standing policy of $10 worth of stuff free to any non-profit
presenting a written request.  Add any other response from the other 2 chain
stores and that's more worth my time.

To those whose experiences at the warehouse's are better worth the time,
great.

bonne