SC - Cooking Laurels

Anne-Marie Rousseau acrouss at gte.net
Mon Apr 24 22:16:53 PDT 2000

Lesseee, roast Laurel.... gotta be picky, you only want the very best......

Ah, I know, Adamantius would work. Only trouble is, he might be pretty
tough- at any rate, he says he's always in the soup.....

And while I know we'll have plenty of bay leaves, what other spices should
we use?

And cleaning him for the dinner... He says he's pretty furry, but sometimes
his posts are pretty flighty- do we pluck him, singe him, or let his Lady
Wife skin him alive- we know she's pretty practiced ;-)

Think maybe we wait a bit, figure out what sort of beast he is, and, of
course, what would be the most appropriate sauce? If any- he's pretty
saucy......

Phlip

Nolo disputare, volo somniare et contendere, et iterum somniare.

phlip at morganco.net

Philippa Farrour
Caer Frig
Southeastern Ohio

"All things are poisons.  It is simply the dose that distinguishes between a
poison and a remedy." -Paracelsus

"Oats -- a grain which in England sustains the horses, and in
Scotland, the men." -- Johnson

"It was pleasant to me to find that 'oats,' the 'food of horses,' were
so much used as the food of the people in Johnson's own town." --
Boswell

"And where will you find such horses, and such men?" -- Anonymous