SC - period asparagus or not

allilyn@juno.com allilyn at juno.com
Wed Apr 26 00:32:49 PDT 2000

Ooops!  Sorry, Alys Katharine!  Being off-line for a month, I forgot I
hadn't sent anything in.  I've got one about ready on 'First
Course'--what was done in period and what works well in Scadia.

 I'm working on 'Are You Tired Of Armoring Your Turnip?' which is a
request from some AEthelmearcians on more diverse veggie recipies.  My
class last year on vegetarian-suitable recipes was well-received.

I'm also working on 'Thirsty?' which has a lot to do with the posts we
did earlier in the year on what people serve to drink at our feasts,
since the alchohol laws prohibit our serving the wine, mead and beer that
we would have done in period.  All the posts I quote or recipes I give
that came from the list will be properly attributed.

I've also come across a lot of good and different methods of making
jellied dishes, including some I'm translating from the German.  That's
not in finished form, but could work out.  The Mediterranean area seems
to have been fond of them, as well.

What classes are others working on?

Regards,
Allison,     allilyn at juno.com