SC - Dinner makeovers - OOP - with recipes

Kerri Canepa kerric at pobox.alaska.net
Wed Apr 26 20:27:20 PDT 2000

In a message dated 4/25/00 5:11:13 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
CBlackwill at aol.com writes:

<< A new dish was created. >>

Exactly. And we have no way of knowing if any 'new dishes' we create were
ever created or served in the middle ages. Your position is not untenable
when applied to informal cookery. However, it simply does not appear to be a
solid position when applied to formal cookery. Formal cookery is what we have
records of.

Without a solid knowledge of humoral theory, such substitutions as you
propose outside the Corpus simply cannot be proven as being done. You seem to
assume a high degree personal freedom existed during the middle ages,
especially among the Guilds, which in reality was unknown.

Ras