SC - Re:the top 8 icks list

Glenda Robinson glendar at compassnet.com.au
Sun Apr 30 21:57:49 PDT 2000

In a message dated 4/29/00 12:15:54 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
kareno at lewistown.net writes:

<< I can remember eating  (beef) heart growing up  -- stuffed baked heart. >>

Many years ago, I served an illusion food made of heart. I called it 'Rhodes
Numbels'. A whole young beef heart was rubbed inside and out with salt and
pepper. A slit about 1 inch deep was made in the tip of the heart. It was
then roasted in a 325 degree F oven until tender, placed on a platter, large
end down and surrounded with a band of curly parsley. A scoop of medium white
sauce was dribbled over the small end and the entire thing served as a center
piece on the buffet. Comments were interesting and it did get eaten in
entirety.

Ras