SC - four humours/food

CBlackwill@aol.com CBlackwill at aol.com
Sun Apr 30 22:01:33 PDT 2000

Balthazar asked:
effect on
domestic (U.S.) honey production?  I know our local Ag department has been
sending scouts out into the field to investigate apiaries for infiltration
or
some such.<<<<

Yep.  The killer bee is going to make a huge difference
fairly soon!  Instead of fighting them, the past few years
bee breeders have actually been CROSS-BREEDING
them with Italian strains.  The resulting hybrid is less
agressive than wild "killer bees" and is a much larger and
more vigorous bee than regular strains.  It looks like it
is going to be a very excellent honey producer and best
of all, it's larger size makes it more resistant to the bee
mite which infects bee lungs.  It is also capable of resisting
takeovers by wild "killer bees" as well.  Probably a lot of
interbreeding is taking place in the wild as well.  Mother
Nature is just rebalancing the species from a close brush
with extinction in the wild.   Don't worry about it; this
is not an Alfred Hitchcock situation like "The Birds".

Akim Yaroslavich
"No glory comes without pain"