SC - How do I get started?

Decker, Margaret margaret at Health.State.OK.US
Wed Apr 5 12:41:43 PDT 2000

> On Tue, 4 Apr 2000, Heather-Enaya Parr-Blake wrote:
>
> > I am new to the field of cooking and feast in the SCA.
> > I belong to a newly founded (well nearly founded) shire
> > in Northern Kentucky. I am looking for a source for
> > recipes and gear. Particularly in the gear department,
> > I am looking for pots and pans heavy enough to come through
> > campfire/hearth cooking.

	Everyone else has said a lot about pots & pans etc. I would
recommend also that you invest in a 100% wool skirt or dress and a 100%
linen chemise, apron , and head wrap. Linen is slower to catch fire than
cotton and wool is even slower (usually only smolders). Linen also makes
wonderful dish towels. And please keep an ABC fire extinguisher near at hand
as well as a first aide kit. We hate loosing new members, especially to
accidents. Margarite