SC - How do I get started?

Decker, Margaret margaret at Health.State.OK.US
Wed Apr 5 13:15:55 PDT 2000

> ----------

	snip
> OTOH, I thought linen burnt rather easily?  when I do burn tests on fabric
> (yep, I sew) linen burns fast and hot - like paper, cotton burns slower
> but
> just as hot, silk burns and smells like burnt chicken feathers (try
> growing
> up with a hasidic or orthodox jewish grandmother who burnt off her
> chicken's
> pin feathers every sabbath) and wool is a bear to even get it to catch
> fire
> directly in the heart of the match!
>
> Diana d'Avignon

	It just doesn't burn as quickly as cotton. It also doesn't melt into
your skin as man made fabrics do. I also sew but I'm not able to wear wool
directly on my skin for very long and linen is the best fabric I've found
for breathability (and its period). Oops I forgot leather shoes - much
better protection than cloth. Margarite