SC - hyssop

DianaFiona at aol.com DianaFiona at aol.com
Mon Apr 10 21:12:37 PDT 2000

In a message dated 4/10/00 9:28:28 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Seton1355 at aol.com writes:

<<
 what does Hyssop taste like?  Where can I get some and what is a good
 substitute?

    The seeds are readily available from most seed companies with a good
selection of herbs--and I found the plants for sale locally this spring, to
my glee. ;-) The taste is a bit minty, so that would be my best guess for a
substitute, perhaps with a touch of rosemary and thyme added............
    If you need a seed catalog source, try these:
http://www.thymegarden.com/, http://www.gardennursery.com/,
http://www.superseeds.com/, http://www.richters.com/,
http://www.johnnyseeds.com/, http://www.papagenos.com/,
http://www.burpee.com/   I have plenty more, but these are sufficient to find