SC - Question on kosher

margali margali at 99main.com
Thu Apr 13 14:43:59 PDT 2000

Since Pennsic is upcoming, I was wondering a couple of things-
is agar [seaweed gelatin] kosher
is textured vegetable protein kosher

We occasionally will have a nice gentleman to the camp who keeps kosher,
but not over-strictly[he was ok with the pot and utensils being well
cleaned between using for non kosher and cooking for him] and as I want
to make the soup pot vegan, to provide protein I was wondering if I
could provide TVP [cooked separately in a bit of vegan broth] to add to
the serving. I would also like to be able to make a nice dessert for
him, and any vegans and I found a source for the agar flakes[so i could
make room temp set jell desserts or aspics]

Also-is almond milk made with wine or water kosher, and could it be
combined with the agar to make a no egg 'custard'y dessert?

margali the confuzzled