SC - Things that affect cooking

allilyn at juno.com allilyn at juno.com
Tue Apr 25 21:20:40 PDT 2000

>From assorted Balthazar posts:

1. Chambord cocktail  recipes

Too bad those are OOP, but you've got my private address.........

2. Quenelles are, essentially, poached meat mousseline, [so, now, what's
a mousseline?] so it is very likely
that they are mentioned as an accompaniement to roasts or Potages.  I did
Mushroom and spinach wrapped tenderloin for a private catering function a
few
years ago, and served it with veal quenelles in beef consomme brunoise.

Our Queen has just announced a love of spinach, and the King a preferance
for meat, so if you'd care to share the recipes they could probably be
put to good use here in AEthelmearc.

3.The whole rosemary being sprinkled on top allows just a hint of
rosemary
flavor to add itself to the dish, with little bits of rosemary on the
surface of your slices, for a mini-burst of flavor.

This is a delicious herb to sprinkle on a pork roast, too.  I roll the
dried herb leaves in my fingers a bit when sprinkling, to get the most
flavor.

Regards,
Allison,     digging the precious Chambord out of the back of the
closet....
 allilyn at juno.com