SC - another try

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Thu Apr 27 05:26:01 PDT 2000

Great!  Welcome back.  There are a lot of us whose knowledge and experience are
limited.  Even those of us who have been doing period cooking for a long time
are still looking to learn from others.  What I've discovered in the few weeks
I've participated in the list is that each of us brings something different to
the conference and we all learn by sharing.

I've also learned that, though each of us holds certain ideas very strongly and
passionately (and that sometimes comes across in "discussions" we may have), the
folks on this list are very patient, good at explaining things and willing to
listen to ideas that may disagree with their own.  So far as "silliness" is
concerned, I personally think it's a good thing, especially when the discussions
get a little intense...it helps to lighten the atmosphere a bit.  For example, I
think that, if you were to check out a lot of the folks involved in the "Cooking
Laurel" discussion...the silly part of it...many are peers and were poking fun
at themselves!

If there is anything you need that I can help with, please let me know.

Kiri