SC - another try

grizly at mindspring.com grizly at mindspring.com
Thu Apr 27 05:45:52 PDT 2000

Aethelwulf,

You've heard form the others, so I thought I'd poke my seldom seen head out.  Welcome, and wring every drop of passion and knowledge you can out of what you reqad here.  We are a group of strong-willed, empassioned cooks, scholars and students of life.  We argue, congratualte, support, confront, share, gripe, cheer and sometimes wander afield.

I've been on this list about 2 years(?) now and find it has sustained me through the lean times around local area, not to mention juicing me up for some great recent projects around spices and sauces.  In all, these are great people who willingly admit their strengths and weaknesses under the guise of food in history.  If you participate, jumpp in and hang on tight; it's a wild ride!  You'll get to know about the personalities and general trends of the different people, then you kno what to expect.  If you are rebuffed, ask why or challenge the rebuff.  You are a valued member of the list, which is why anyone will even bother discussing, disagreeing or challenging an idea. You also never know what is going on at the other end of the 200 keyboards . . . be patient and ask for what you need.  You'll be enriched beyond your wildest expectation if you seek knowledge, perspectives and information for knowledgable and passionate people.

Welcome, and enjoy the ride.  Save up your E tickets, though . . . we value venue a lot and won't take any cheep A tickets :o) (Ancient 'Trimarian' reference)

niccolo difancesco
South Downs, Meridies

sca-cooks at ansteorra.org wrote:

   Greetings to the list
    After reading the words and thoughts of
     those who replied to me privately I have
     chosen to heed those words and stay around
     and give this place a chance.
  My interests are simple at this time as my
    experince with period foods is limited,
   my hope/plan is to learn all i can and grow
   as a cook of period foods using as period
   a method as possible.i accept that my growth may
   be slow and at times overwhelming as well.
  My library of books is small currently and needs
   to grow to cover the basics.also my equipment
   is non-existent and that situation needs to be cared
   for as well.all advice/suggestons will be taken as
   i truly want to be as good as i can be and be able
   to share what i know/am learning with those who so desire.
  My hope is to learn and grow and become a better person in the
   process.
      Yours in learning,
       Aethelwulf