SC - Question re Florence

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Thu Apr 27 05:29:57 PDT 2000

My understanding is that Platina spread fairly rapidly....in fact, it was
translated into other languages, including French and German fairly early.  and
I know that Epulario (an English cookbook drawn from the same sources as
Platina) was known and used in England prior to 1600.  Based on all of that, I
would assume that folks in Florence would have known about and used
Platina....or at least his antecedents.

If you would like, I can see if I can find the recipes from the Italian feast I
did a couple of years ago and send them to you.  Many of them came from Platina,
and were very successful.

Kiri