SC - Books on the shielf

bill mayfield wpmay at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 27 13:41:57 PDT 2000

   Greetings all,

   It seems my best bet for cooking stuff is thrift and 2nd hand
    stores,this is good as my budget is narrow.
   Now to ask for suggestons on books and other reading material,
    i have been told by severel good folk here about Stefans
    floral thingy and also caridocs site,both now bookmarked
   as to books here is what i have on the shielf:
    food and feast with the viking  by hazel martell
    a calender of festivals by marian green
    the medieval kitchen by redon,sabbon and serventi
    curye on inglysch
     to the kings taste
    platina:on right pleasure and good health
    pleyn delite
    the medieval cook book   maggie black
    fabulous feasts  george brazzeler(sp?)
    take a 1000 eggs or more
    the art of cookery  terence scully
    cooking and dining in imperial rome  apicus
     plus a couple others on order and not here yet.
    is this ok for just starting out?
    May i ask advice sources for some of the less common spices?
    I know they are available at pennsic,yet those of us not making that
trek still seek after those items.and also mortar and pestle,it seems they
are used a whole bunch,suggeston for sources and sizes.
     yours in learning,
      Aethelwulf

ps:
what is the flaming salamander?