SC - Open/Closed Kitchens

Michael F. Gunter michael.gunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Tue Apr 11 07:23:07 PDT 2000

LrdRas at aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 4/10/00 4:25:19 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
lcm at efn.org
> writes:
>
> << who doesn't drink while cooking or while wearing a basket of fruit
on
>  her head. Just not prudent. >>
>
> Why? Are you equating drinking and cooking with drinking and driving?
>
> Ras
> (who clearly thinks PC people are  without exception totally insane)

I don't consider myself especially PC (you can ask Seumas about my
sanity ;-), But I don't think it is a good idea *for me* to drink in a
situation where it could impair my judgement or reactions/small motor
control. Kitchens have hot stuff and pointy things and @#$%^& sharp
things and slippery spots and I would prefer that I have FULL CONTROL of

my faculties until I'm done. And when the fruit and tiara are on my
head, I represent some 120,000 people- all of them very different, most
of them noisily so, many of them poised to be offended if I misspeak. I
need to be clear-headed as I can be then, too. Either way, I consider
myself 'on-duty', and behave as though I was at a paying job.

I did not suggest that I equated it (drinking in the kitchen) with
drinking and driving or anything else illegal. Just that it is not
prudent. I'd like to keep all my fingers, thank you.

'Lainie