SC - fake crab

Christine A Seelye-King mermayde at juno.com
Mon Apr 24 09:03:27 PDT 2000

On Sun, 23 Apr 2000 22:19:17 -0400 grizly at mindspring.com writes:
> Unless I am mistaken, a major modern use for pollack is "imitation"
> crab meat.  It is pressed, colored and cooked.  Sweetish meat, but
> nothing like crab.
>
> niccolo difrancesco

	Ah, but you left out the 'secret ingredient' - Crab Essence!  And just
what is Crab Essence, you might ask?  Well, I probably shouldn't divulge
this professional secret, but, when you allow frozen crabs to thaw, and
catch the fluids that drain out, you've got - you guessed it- Crab
Essence!  This is usually listed as one of the ingredients in the fake
crab sticks (abominations), and is the only part of the imposters that
once was close to a crab.
	Christianna