SC - Green soup

Mon Apr 3 06:30:07 PDT 2000

True arrowroot is Maranta arundinacea, a West Indian plant used by the
Arawak.  Generically, it is the edible starch from a number of species,
mostly New World in origin.  There is an East Indian arrowroot which is a
member of the ginger family, but I doubt that has anything to do with
Medieval European cookery.

The common period thickening agents seem to be rice flour and bread crumbs.

Bear