SC - Alternate spicing

CBlackwill at aol.com CBlackwill at aol.com
Thu Apr 20 01:18:00 PDT 2000

In a message dated 4/19/00 8:20:23 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
JGedney at dictaphone.com writes:

>  We have come to use a definition for Period on this list, which means what
>  you have called "Documentably Period". we are using the rather nebulous
>  term "period" as a "term of art"  with that definition for the purposes of
> this
>  list.

Allright.  So, if I were cooking at a feast you were attending (obviously off
this llist), and had made a substitution to a "documented recipe" and you
noticed it, would you still consider it "not a period dish"? Is there a
difference between the definition of "period" on the sca-cooks list and at
SCA events in general?  This, I think, is where the confusion lies, at least
for me.

Balthazar of Blackmoor

Such a strange fascination, as I wallow in waste
That such a trivial victory could put a smile on your face.
                                        - Mark Burgess