SC - Practical Anthropology: Reducing Bones

CBlackwill at aol.com CBlackwill at aol.com
Thu Apr 27 23:20:35 PDT 2000

In a message dated 4/27/00 8:17:35 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
caitlin_ennis at hotmail.com writes:

> Does anyone have suggestions? Was period vinegar stonger? I have made
>  vinegar of varying strengths during my brewing and cooking experiments and
>  found that today's store bought vinegar is stonger in acetic acid than
>  anything I could produce myself.

While I have no documented proof, I would think that either the vinegar was
much stronger, or the bird was very, very young, and the bones had not
completely hardened yet.  I'll see what I can come up with.

Balthazar of Blackmoor

Words are Trains for moving past what really has no Name.