SC - An Introduction and a Question

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Sat Apr 29 06:04:25 PDT 2000

In a message dated 4/28/2000 10:06:47 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
magistra at tampabay.rr.com writes:

<< Has anyone had any experience with this?  I'm asking with two things in
 mind - first, legal issues (can we feed members of the public who
 haven't signed a waiver, and get away with it?) and second,
 recommendations for food that will survive the Trimarian heat and can be
 served "cold" (or room temperature). >>

I recently did a class for Girl Scout leaders on period cooking, and served
them a lot of samples with no problem, but then they had paid to be in the
class...I really don't know what the legal issues are.
Some of the items I used (again, all had to be servable cold, but I made a
point of the fact that most probably *wouldn't* have been served cold in
period) were Pies of Parys (which I have made in tart sizes and taken to
Pennsic; they've stayed good three days or more in a cooler); Koken von
Honer, which is a chicken pie; cold sliced roast beef with winter cameline
sauce and piper sauce; gingerbread; Chireseye.  The recipes I used are
available on request :-)  I also did Shrympes, which are just cold boiled
shrimp sprinkled with vinegar, but I don't know how that would keep.
Compost definitely wouldn't be a problem as far as spoiling, and I've used
that for demos with fairly good results..

Brangwayna Morgan