SC - 12th C Irish Feast- Notes and recipes

ChannonM at aol.com ChannonM at aol.com
Mon Apr 3 13:31:57 PDT 2000

I have fully recovered from Clancy day and as I promised, would be willing to
post my recipes. I have a total of about 35 pages in the document so posting
to the list is probably not an option.

Stefan, would you like to get the file and add it to the Florilegium or
something like that? I am happy to let anyone use the recipes, I only ask for
recognition for my work.

The work is not infallible, but was my best attempt at recreating a 12th C
Irish feast. The menu was;

first course

curds   (groo)
a basket of breads   (ciosan a arran am breacag)
greens   (praiseach am glassan garroo)
dulse stew   (suileasg broish)
sausage   (isbean)

Second course

venison pasty   (seg pye foalley)
salmon pasty   (bratan pye foalley)
compost   (glassrey saill)
braised beef   (gaal-vroie mart)
beans fried   (ponair freeghit)

third course

roast leg of pork with   (feill vuc rostit a soolagh garleid)
garlic sauce
frumenty   (brochan)
frittours of fish   (sooglagh tullog)

fourth course

custard tarts   (oohaghan)
A proper treat for the eyes
and the palate;

A castle of cake in the guise of Carrickfergus- balla carrickfergus am

bairghean

Maybe if there are a few recipes people are particularly interested in I
could post them.

Hauviette