SC - Re: substitutions

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Thu Apr 20 20:03:55 PDT 2000

In a message dated 4/20/00 3:40:15 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
CBlackwill at aol.com writes:

<< Harleian MS. 279 - Potage Dyvers - lxxxviij.  Mammenye bastarde. - "...&
 >  .ij. galouns of Wyne or Ale..."

 Thank you Cindy.  These are very, very helpful.  I will have to get my hands
 on these.  I knew I wasn't the only one who knew medieval cooks made
 substitutions.

 Balthazar of Blackmoor >>

What you know is how medieval cooks made substitutions in this recipe only. I
still fail to see how this can be a blanket justification for substitutions
in any other recipe that does not specifically state that one is allowed.

Ras