SC - Ravioli, dumplings, and excoriation

CBlackwill at aol.com CBlackwill at aol.com
Sat Apr 22 23:40:04 PDT 2000

In a message dated 4/22/00 2:14:42 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
baronsig at peganet.com writes:

>  Personally, I
>  like chitterlings, but I'll guarantee you that they have NEVER served to a
>  member of the nobility except perhaps under siege conditions, or a PC photo
>  op.

Ever tried chitterlings en adobo?  I live in an agricultural area, so we have
a huge hispanic population, and consequently I can get very fresh
chitterlings, tripas, etc...  Although, I do find that I have to soak them
for quite a while in milk, and then again in vinegar in order to use them,
they cook up quite quickly.  I make my own adobo, and then bake the
chitterlings in it, and eat it with tortillas (and, of course, my own
habanero salsa)  It's a real ring-burner!

Balthazar of Blackmoor
(Mandatory medieval cooking content: "...umm...er...any period recipes for
chitterlings en adobo? No? okay.)

Such a strange fascination, as I wallow in waste
That such a trivial victory could put a smile on your face.
                                        - Mark Burgess