SC - Re: Substitution - Response Phlip

CBlackwill at aol.com CBlackwill at aol.com
Tue Apr 25 01:19:26 PDT 2000

In a message dated 4/24/00 1:47:39 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
crigby at uswest.net writes:

> Granted.  But where is the problem with substituting one hot/dry ingredient
>  for another?  How about pork for beef, or duck for chicken?  We all know
>  these items are period, right?
>  _____________________________
>
>  Well, then you get back into the discussion of we may substitute, but do we
>  have written proof that they substituted in period?  If it is not written
>  into a recipe, or a documentable item, then there is no proof that they did
>  it.  Therefore, some people would considered peri-oid, not period. Does
that
>  make sense?

Yep.  Makes sense.  Different definitions of the same word.  Or non-word, if
you will.  SOmething I'll just have to learn to live with.

Balthazar of Blackmoor
(who isn't used to using context-sensitive English)

Words are Trains for moving past what realy has no Name.